- December 15 & 17 and 19 & 20, 2015 (15th and 17th class 5-9pm)
- January 8, 9, 10, 2016
- February 5, 6, 7, 2016
- 3 day, 24hr course and AIARE certification
- 6:1 Student ratio with maximum 12 students
- AIARE Certified Educator, AIARE Course Manual, AIARE Field Book
- Tour Locations: Vail Pass and Meadow Mountain
- Dynafit Alpine Touring Gear Available to rent at 20% off
- Lodging Discounts At River Walk Inn, Edwards, CO.
The Level One course is an introduction to avalanche hazard management. Students can expect to develop a good grounding in how to:
- prepare for and carry out a trip.
- develop a safe understanding of terrain recognition and route selection.
- understand basic decision making while in the field
- learn rescue techniques required to find and dig out a buried person
The American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education “AIARE”. AIARE is a non-profit organization who’s mission is “to save lives through avalanche education.” AIARE educators are held to a high standard and must complete continuing education through their careers.