Your winter backcountry adventure into the 10th Mountain Hut System can range from 3 to 6 days, accessing some of central Colorado’s most breathtaking mountain terrain. Let us craft a unique and custom experience for you and your group. Paragon Guides has been guiding the huts since its inception in 1982. Join us for the adventure of a lifetime and come discover the other side of Vail.
Private Hut Trip – What You Get
- Guides: Maximum participant to guide ratio of 3:1
- Custom Planning: We will customize your trip based on your groups outcomes, experience, and stamina.
- Pre-Trip Orientation Meeting: 1 – 2 hour meeting the day PRIOR to your trip to discuss logistics, gear, and expectations at our shop.
- Half-Day Tour: An opportunity to familiarize yourself with your guide, gear, and touring skills. This takes place AFTER the orientation meeting.
- Transportation: Our fleet of vehicles will be available for trailhead shuttles.
- Trip meals: Quality food prepared by guides and willing participants served family-style. Beer and wine are stocked and available at each hut.
- Reduced pack weight: Sleeping bags and dry food are already cached at each hut to save you weight.
Skiing around Janet’s Cabin
Why Paragon Guides
- Experience: Paragon has been guiding Colorado hut trips since 1978
- Reputation: Click HERE to see what our previous clients think about us.
- Options: We have one of the most extensive permits in the White River National Forest.
Ski Touring Demo Center
- Get on the latest alpine touring (AT) gear from Dynafit, Blackcrows, and Blizzard.
- Drop the knee with telemark demos from Dynafit, G3, and Atomic
- AT packages $60
- Telemark packages $50
- Click here to see rental offerings and prices
Pricing per person
- 2-3 people: $455.00 / day
- 4+ people: $375.00 / day
- 9+ people: $345.00/ day
Example: 3 day trip with 4 people on it = 375 x 3 = $1125.00 per person
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your trip today, or call 970-926-5299.