When you don’t have the time or energy to haul your gear into the backcountry and set up camp, the Paragon Guides “Drop Camp” program may be just for you.
- Hunting Camps, Wilderness Base Camps, Fishing Camps, Game Transport
- Hire Paragon Guides to deliver your gear to a predetermined campsite or hut.
- We use a minimum of two llamas to establish a drop camp. Each llama can carry 6080 pounds including top load articles.
- Typically one guide will travel into your site with llamas and gear and leave after making sure that your gear is secure or you have arrived. Some distances and trail conditions require that a second staff person assist the guide.
Our rates are based on vehicle travel distance to/from trailheads and number of llamas used. Therefore, drop camp costs can vary considerably. Our cost breakdown follows this summary.
- $55.00 per llama, per day
- Llama transportation: $2.00 per mile for paved road; $3.00$5.00 per mile for gravel and unimproved road.
- Paragon Guide/Wrangle wage $225
- Deposit: 50% booking fee Nonrefundable cancellation fee within 48 hours
Paragon Guides can supply you with the essential gear and equipment needed for backpacking, llama trekking, and huttohut trips: tent, backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner, hiking poles, and much more. Quality gear is available on a per day / per item cost.
- Equipment rental cost sheet
- Conditions and Terms: