Explore a variety of classic trails surrounding the Vail Valley on a full or half-day guided hike. Unplug while you immerse yourself within the beauty and quiet of the Holy Cross or Eagles Nest Wilderness areas. Discover aspen forests painted with wildflowers. Hike to a pristine alpine lake. Gain a ridge or stroll beside a wooded stream. Learn the local flora and fauna. Step out and away from the resort and enjoy the serenity of the mountains.
Why Paragon Guides
- Experience: Paragon has been guiding in the Vail backcountry since 1978.
- Reputation: The majority of our participants come back year after year. Click HERE to see what our previous clients think about us.
- Terrain: We have one of the most extensive permits in the White River National Forest including both the Holy Cross and Eagles Nest Wilderness areas.
- Time: Save time by letting us plan your day. Your vacation has enough going on.
What You Get
- Transportation: We will pick you up and drop you off at your residence or hotel
- Food: Lunch (full day only) and snacks provided from one of our local vendors
- Guide: Enjoy yourself while your experienced guide navigates the terrain, manages risk, and delivers some natural history
- Gear: Packs, trekking poles, and rain gear provided if needed
- Llamas: Want to bring a llama? Click HERE for info on our backcountry llama hikes
Full Day Guided Hike/4-8 hours, includes lunch
- One person $295
- 2 people $180 each
- 3 people $160 each
- 4+ people $130 each
Half Day Guided Hike/ Up to 4 hours, includes trail snacks
Mornings: 8:30 -12:30
Afternoons: 1:30 – 5:30
- One person $220
- 2 people $130 each
- 3 people $115 each
- 4+ people $99 each
Popular Hiking Destinations
The following are our most popular hikes, but not our only offerings. Call for more information.
Alpine Lake Hike
If you have all day, take a classic Colorado hike to a pristine alpine lake. Missouri Lakes, Fancy Lake, Booth Lake, Pitkin Lake, Piney Lake and the Seven Sisters Lakes are a few choices that make for an unforgettable experience. Your day will be filled with mountain views, abundant wildflowers, mature aspen and evergreen forests.
Panorama Ridge Hike
If you yearn to look into the Gore and Sawatch ranges from up high, take yourself above the trees and gain an alpine ridge.
Meadow, Stream and Wildflower Hike
Absorb the sounds, smells, colors, and textures of the natural world on gentle to moderate trails that follow mountain streams winding through wildflower meadows and alpine forest.