The Benedict 100 Aspen to Vail Ski Tour
January 27-February 1, 2013
6 days, 5 nights, through the historic 10th Mountain Division Hut System
Aspen – Margy’s Hut – Betty Bear Hut – Uncle Bud’s Hut – Jackal Hut – Shrine Mountain Inn – Vail
The six day tour will cover nearly 100 miles with ascents totaling nearly 17,000 vertical feet, by-passing some of the huts on the trail system. Cold temperatures, long days, trail-breaking and dealing with varying snow conditions will demand a high level of fitness and skill. The challenges of the tour are off-set by the camaraderie that is shared, the joys of moving through the Central Rocky Mountains, and the knowledge that the legendary ski troops of the Tenth Mountain Division had passed this way before.
- Daily miles will vary from 11-18 Miles. Detailed itinerary provided on request.
- Huts will be staffed with hut hosts providing dinner & breakfast each day.
- Backcountry Ski Touring experience required.
- In Partnership with the 10th Mountain Division Hut Association
- Cost: $1300.00
- Includes: Two Guides – Hut Hosts – Hut & USFS Fees -Dinners & Breakfasts (BYO lunch) – First Aid/group gear
- For more information contact Paragon Guides