Taking a llama out to lunch
Get to know the curious nature of llamas on our “Take a Llama to Lunch” hike. Our ‘boys’ are wildly popular with children and the pace and length of the hike makes it a great outing for families, friends and groups.
- Halfday: 10 a.m. 2 p.m. (A custom timeframe can be arranged to accommodate your schedule or enjoy an early evening ‘wine & cheese’ outing)
- Available July 1st through early October at the Arrowhead Ski Area
- Includes: Guide, llamas and red checkered picnic lunch
- Activity Level: Easy to moderate
- Hiking distance depends on group interests and ability
- For the more ‘adventurous’ check our day hikes with llamas and enjoy a more rigorous hike in a backcountry setting. $200 surcharge for off-site llama hikes.
Meet the ‘boys’ at our backcountry center cabin located at the Arrowhead Ski Area. Enjoy an interactive introduction to these unique pack animals before taking off on a leisurely hike. Families with young children typically take a short hike and may return to the cabin for lunch. Seasoned hikers and families with older children, typically enjoy a longer hike that winds through mature aspen groves and evergreen forest, which at the height of the season, is blanketed with wildflowers. Lunch is our signature “Red-Checkered Picnic” on the trail. Every outing is catered to the needs and abilities of your group.
Please note: Our llamas are pack animals only and not to be ridden.
- 1-2 people $298.00 Base Fee
- Additional person $89 per person
- Children 12 and under 1/2 price, age 3 and under are free.
- Due to high demand of this program a 48hr cancellation is required.