Take a Llama to Lunch
Get to know the curious nature of llamas on our “Take a Llama to Lunch” hike. Our ‘boys’ are wildly popular with children and the pace and length of the hike makes it a great outing for families, friends and groups.
- Halfday: 10 a.m. 2 p.m. (A custom timeframe can be arranged to accommodate your schedule or enjoy an early evening ‘wine & cheese’ outing)
- Includes: Guide, llamas and red checkered picnic lunch
- Activity Level: Easy to moderate
- Hiking distance depends on group interests and ability
- For the more ‘adventurous’ check our day hikes with llamas and enjoy a more rigorous hike in a backcountry setting. $200 surcharge for off-site llama hikes.
Meet the ‘boys’ at our backcountry center cabin located at the Arrowhead Ski Area. Enjoy an interactive introduction to these unique pack animals before taking off on a leisurely hike. Families with young children typically take a short hike and may return to the cabin for lunch. Seasoned hikers and families with older children, typically enjoy a longer hike that winds through mature aspen groves and evergreen forest, which at the height of the season, is blanketed with wildflowers. Lunch is our signature “redcheckered picnic” on the trail. Every outing is catered to the needs and abilities of your group.
Please note: Our llamas are pack animals only and not to be ridden.
- 2-3 people $99 per person
- 4 or more $79 per person