Vail to Aspen Llama Trek
2017 Dates to be determined
A five-day llama trek that explores the wilderness surrounding two of the state’s most-loved mountain destinations. Your trekking route links three 10th Mountain Division huts and the historic Diamond J Guest Ranch between trailheads near Vail and Aspen. By day hike with a small pack – llamas carry the rest of your personal gear and our group food. By night enjoy a relaxed camaraderie of your fellow trip participants for a meal together, a game of cribbage or a book by the fire. Experience one of Colorado’s best-kept adventure secrets, one footstep at a time.
Vail to Aspen Interconnect Details
- Daily mileage varies from 5 to 9 miles.
- Huts: Peter Estin, Harry Gates, Margy’s.
- Lodge: Diamond J Guest Ranch
- Cost: $2,125.00 per person for 4-6 people on trip, $1820.00 per person for 7-13 people total
- Includes two guides, hut and lodge accommodations, breakfasts, lunches and dinners, llamas, sleeping bag/pillow, group gear, and USFS fees.
- Custom dates available.